The Cross-country eliminator (XCE) is a new mountain bike race format in which four riders compete against each other in each heat, similar to Four-cross. The two fastest riders get to the next round while the two slower riders are eliminated from the race.
The format differs from the classic cross-country race both in its sprint character and the separation of the race into heats. The 500m - 1000m short track itself is similar to XC tracks, going both uphill and downhill.
Sunday, 11 April 2021
The exact timetable will be announced soon!
- Men Elite: Born in 2004 or earlier (17+)
- Women Elite: Born in 2004 or earlier (17+)
- Boys: Born between 2005 & 2007 (U15 & U17)
- Girls: Born between 2005 & 2007 (U15 & U17)
- Boys A1: Born between 2010 & 2011
- Girls A1: Born between 2010 & 2011
- Boys A2: Born between 2008 & 2009
- Girls A2: Born between 2008 & 2009
- Men Open: Licensed Masters born after 1986 & Men without license born before 2004 & after 1986
- Women Open: Licensed Masters 2 & 3 & Women without license born before 2004
- Masters Men Open: Men without license born before 1985 & Licenced Masters 2 & 3
Note 1: Masters 2 &3 holding a cycling license can choose to race either at Elite or Open categories. Masters 1 will race in Men/Women categories.
Note 2: A minimum of 8 participants is required in each category. In case of fewer riders the organiser in co-operation with the Race Commissaire can merge categories.
PARTICIPATION PACKAGE / PRIZES
The cost for licensed riders will be according to the rules of Cyprus Cycling Federation.
The cost for Open categories will be €10 ( + €10 for day licence).
The cost for the Academy categories will be €10.
The top 3 riders of each category will be awarded.
The course of the race will be announced soon!
The Venue: Lefkara Village
Lefkara is where the Cypriot folk needlecraft art is born - the famous “lefkaritiko” - which the reputation of has gone beyond the frontiers of Cyprus and has become known in most of the European countries but not only there.
Lefkara owes its welfare and prosperity as always spotted to this needlecraft art and to its trade launched in the late 19th century, flourishing during the 20th century first thirty years.
The village is situated at the foot of the Troodos Mountains in the southeastern region, 650m above sea level, 45 km from Nicosia, 30 km from the Larnaca airport and just 12 km from the Nicosia – Limassol highway.
It is not really far from the sea, yet, it is located high enough for the moist air coming in from the sea to get dry by the time it reaches the village.
Therefore, Lefkara becomes an excellent destination during the summertime because of the relatively low humidity from May to October and also the mild temperatures in the region.
For more information visit the Lefkara Municipality website.